mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by a leading gaming venture capital firm, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players. The mod.io platform supports over 100,000 daily active users, and we are seeking a well connected Business Development Manager to drive adoption of mod.io in the worlds largest games wanting to engage their players with UGC.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We’re talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, Battlegrounds, Autochess and many others. These games have become world-beaters and the franchises that spawned them are as strong as ever 20 years on.
We’re passionate consumers of UGC, and in an era where F2P and GaaS dominate the industry and subscription services are rising, the importance of long-term player engagement cannot be understated. UGC offers publishers and their games a repeatable, proven way to build goodwill and drive up revenue, and using mod.io is the way to do it.
There are few opportunities in your career to join a high growth start up on the ground floor. This is one of them. As Business Development Manager, you will report to and work closely with the CEO, attending games conferences and building relationships with our future gaming partners.
You will lead our outreach internationally, but with a particular focus on the North American market. Here’s what that entails:
- Establish, strengthen and build the relationship we have with our gaming partners through outreach and proactive communication.
- Research and negotiate deal terms with our gaming partners in coordination with the CEO and our sales team.
- Attend international conferences, with a plan and full meeting schedule.
- Communicate relevant platform updates and news efficiently and effectively in order to maximize partner satisfaction and output.
- Provide reports and analysis on targets to the team, as well as plans to improve performance on each goal.
Your a people person, with a strong network within gaming and a burning desire to see more games adopt and benefit from UGC using mod.io:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry, developer relations, business development, or comparable field required.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Love of data, stats and being able to identify trends and report on them.
- Hunger to work and self-direct in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to convince games (particularly engineers) that “do it yourself” isn’t always the way to go.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Thorough understanding of user generated content, its use within games and comparable platforms like Steam Workshop and Playfab.
- Negotiated and sold SaaS like services to businesses in and outside of gaming.
- Competitive retainer with equity and sales bonuses.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend international gaming conferences.
- Travel required between Australia and USA.
This is a flexible role in the USA (CA preferred), that can be full time or paid on a retainer / performance basis. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.