mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by leading gaming venture capital firms, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players. The mod.io platform supports over 450,000 daily active users, and we are seeking a PHP Developer to help us build the industry's best interface for exploring and installing UGC, that will be embedded in some of the largest games in the world.
The popularity of in-game content is exploding, it’s in more games and on more platforms than ever before. Despite that, the end-user experience generally sucks, because game engines are built for playing, not scrolling content like a web browser. We aim to change that, by building a highly modular light-weight web app that can be customized and embedded into games of all shapes and sizes.
You will be responsible for developing and supporting our mod.io REST API:
- Understand the technical requirements of game developers, mod creators, payment providers and stores.
- Help define the solution architecture.
- Work alongside our frontend, API and integration development teams to understand, define and develop our REST API to fit their needs.
- Design the APIs to ensure content remains synced and design a system that games can hook into for updates.
- Test and implement your APIs.
- Scalability and security is a must, your API will be used by thousands of concurrent players all around the world.
- Keep your house clean, your code may be open sourced on Github and must be well documented for our community to fork and adapt as they need.
You’ll be joining a team co-founded by engineers, who value great code. You are expected to have:
- 3+ years PHP experience working with Laravel/Lumen.
- Experience with NoSQL key-stores such as memcached/redis & relational databases (MariaDB).
- An ability to write clean, robust and reusable code.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API’s.
- Familiariarity with Amazon Web Services’ such as S3, Lambda, SNS, SES, SQS, EC2, RDS.
- The ability to take a concept from design to a functional, usable release.
- Confident in your ability to lead a project from start to finish with little oversight from senior team members.
- An excitement to dig in and experiment, with real attention to detail.
- A hunger to own your code, improve your craft, and create a kickass experience for millions of gamers along the way.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- A passion for video games and an understanding of the unique challenges UGC presents us and similar businesses like Youtube and Steam.
- Familiarity with Frontend development
- Familiarity with Vue.js
- Experience with Swagger/OpenAPI
- A good understanding of GraphQL
- Used Trello.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Sit-stand desks, 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs.
- Thursday lunch and Friday afternoon social events.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend international gaming conferences.
- Contributing to open-source on Github.
- Pet friendly office.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
This is a full time role, which can be done in Melbourne, Australia or remotely. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via email@example.com and attach your CV and a cover letter.