mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by leading gaming venture capital firms, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players by offering a ready-to-go digital logistics solution that includes community tools, a web UI, and a REST API for any developer to integrate into their game.
The mod.io platform supports over 400,000 daily active users, and we are seeking software engineers with game development experience to help us build the industry's best interface for exploring and installing UGC that will be embedded in some of the largest games in the world.
The mod.io service is centred around the REST API which allows developers to bring the modding and UGC experience into a game's UI rather than requiring players to run an external tool or integrate mods manually.
The popularity of in-game content is exploding, it's in more games and on more platforms than ever before. Despite that the end-user experience generally sucks, because game engines are built for playing, not scrolling content like a web browser. We aim to change that, by building a highly modular light-weight web app, that can be customized and embedded into games of all shapes and sizes.
So if you enjoy solving for an interface that will be used by thousands of concurrent players, to share incredible creations from the community, and want to work at a company and in an industry where design matters, then mod.io is the place for you.
This role is part of the integration team and is focused on developing and maintaining our build pipeline and test environment, but will encompass responsibilities beyond this product as well:
- Help shape the integration support roadmap to ensure it meets the needs of game developers with feedback on features and improvements
- Lead the maintenance and implementation of our build pipelines across Unity, Unreal, and C++
- Assist in maintaining and designing our test suites across multiple platforms and operating systems
- Assist with the design of of new integration products
- Support other integration products as required in a small startup environment
You'll be joining a team co-founded by engineers, who value great code. You'll be expected to have:
- Experience in the construction of a build pipeline and maintenance
- Experience configuring and maintaining a test environment
- Strong knowledge of with CMake and GitHub
- Experience working on a published game
- An understanding of the difficulties building across multiple platforms
- Ability to effectively work in a remote team environment
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Knowledge of QA processes and reporting
- 4+ years of game development experience
- Experience implementing test harnesses
- Understanding of the Unity and Unreal build pipelines
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Remote working is actively supported.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Sit-stand desks, 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs.
- Thursday lunch and fortnightly social events.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend international gaming conferences.
- Contributing to open-source on Github.
- Pet friendly office.
- Remote, or located in Melbourne, Australia. World's most liveable city seven years in a row.
This is a full time role. You can work remotely or from our office in Melbourne, Australia. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Your CV
- A sample of your source code for a piece of exemplary work with a short description on what makes it great, interesting, or surprising.
- References to two published project examples and a description of your role in those projects.