mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by a leading gaming venture capital firm, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players. The mod.io platform supports over 400,000 daily active users, and we are seeking a UI/UX Designer and Frontend Developer to help us build the industries best interface for exploring mods, that will be used as our homepage and embedded in some of the largest games in the world.
The popularity of in-game content is exploding, it’s in more games and on more platforms than ever before. Despite that the end-user experience generally sucks, because game engines are built for playing, not scrolling content like a web browser. We aim to change that, by building a highly modular light-weight web app, that can be customized and embedded into games of all shapes and sizes.
So if you enjoy solving for an interface that will be used by thousands of concurrent players, to share incredible creations from the community, and want to work at a company and in an industry where design matters, then mod.io is the place for you.
- Design engaging, effective UIs across our web, console and mobile products.
- Assist in the creation of marketing assets across all communication channels including website, emails, events and social media posts to promote mod.io to the games industry.
- Create a responsive, lively, smooth-as-butter frontend UI in Vue.js.
- Work alongside our core API and video game engine developers, to build a web app that is compatible with their needs.
- Coordinate with our gaming partners, to design and adjust your web app to fit their games, launchers and homepage.
- Test and implement your design on PC, consoles and mobile - a responsive and adaptable UI is a requirement.
- Keep your house clean, your code and designs will be open sourced on Github and must be well documented for our community to fork and adapt as they need.
You’ll be joining a team co-founded by engineers, who value great design and code:
- 1+ years experience in design.
- Strong visual design skills with a real passion for design and a portfolio of work that is inspiring and engaging.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch or similar apps.
- Can create icons, vector images, logos and other imagery.
- Taken a concept from design to responsive functional, usable release.
- Confident in your ability to lead the project from start to finish with little oversight from senior team members.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- A passion for keeping up up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies, with a focus on accessibility and responsiveness.
- Excitement to dig in and experiment, with real attention to detail.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- A passion for video games and an understanding of the unique challenges UGC presents us and similar businesses like Youtube and Steam.
- Experience making animations and videos.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Sit-stand desks, 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs.
- Thursday lunch and Friday afternoon social events.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend international gaming conferences.
- Contributing to open-source on Github.
- Pet friendly office.
This is a full time role in Melbourne, Australia. You must be able to work in Australia to apply for this job. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.